Job Opening - Planning & Zoning Administrator
The Village of Pentwater is seeking to hire a part-time Planning/Zoning Administrator.
Salary Range: $20,000 to $25,000, DOQ, with a limited benefits packet.
This is a high-level professional position within the Planning/Zoning Department. Under the supervision of the Village Manager, this position is responsible for a wide-range of planning and zoning initiatives, ranging from day-to-day operations to long-term strategic planning projects.
- Serves as an information source to the public, governmental agencies, and developers regarding planning and community development efforts, land use, zoning ordinance, program implementation and other information as may be appropriate.
- Reviews land development proposals to ensure land is developed and used in accordance with zoning ordinance, planning policies and the Master Plan.
- Serves as staff liaison for the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals
- Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s in Urban or Regional Planning or equivalent and at least five years of experience in municipal planning.
- Must have valid Michigan driver’s license
- Limited Benefits Package (negotiable)
- Health insurance (plans with low cost to employee)
- Life Insurance
- Generous paid time off
For a full job description, please click on the attached document below.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Christopher Brown, Village Manager email@example.com
The position will remain open until filled.
The Village of Pentwater, MI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download a File:
Planning & Zoning Administrator Job Description (PDF)
Employment Opportunity - Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator/Supervisor
The Village of Pentwater, located on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan in Oceana County is currently seeking a qualified individual to oversee the operations of our waste water system. Our plant is a Membrane Bio-Reactor System and requires a Michigan "B" Operator's License.
Specific duties will include the day-today operating, reporting and maintaining the wastewater collection system, treatment plant and lift stations.
As a member of our DPW team other functions may include snow plowing and other street maintenance functions. Ability to obtain a CDL within three months will be required.
Compensation: Depending on qualifications.
Benefits to include paid vacation and sick leave, comprehensive medical, optical and dental plan, life insurance and MERS defined pension.
Position open until filled.
Please send an application and resume to:
Chris Brown, Village Manager
P.O. Box 622
Pentwater, MI 49449
Download a File:
Village Employment Application (PDF)